DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION
TOKA’s mission is to accelerate social change in Kosovo by investing in Kosovar youth. We achieve our mission by focusing on:
– Youth education and development: particularly through programs focused on personal and leadership development, transferable skills, and introduction to potential future professions – with a general advocacy of environmental protection.
– Youth service learning projects – aimed to incentivize and encourage youth to serve their community with their new knowledge, confidence, and skills developed by TOKA programs.
To know more about TOKA, please visit www.toka-ks.org
JOB TITLE: Child Psychologist
We are looking for an observant, hard-working, experienced Child Psychologist – with excellent pedagogical and youth interaction skills – to assist the project team in supporting children/youth’s learning process. The role is part-time, and will primarily be conducted in afternoon hours. The project will take place from March – June, 2017.
• Draft pre and post-project evaluation forms to assess the project’s impact and effect on youth’s socio-behavioral skills;
• Observe youth (14-15 years old) and their interactions with educators to assess symptoms/causes/solutions of behavioral issues;
• Advise the team of educators on methods to address behavior issues in youth;
• Work individually or collectively with youth showing emotional and/or behavioral issues in coordination with the project’s leadership;
• Assist in creating a positive learning atmosphere where participants feel comfortable engaging in TOKA programs/workshops;
• Provide relevant documents and reports as per TOKA’s Executive Director/Project Manager requests;
• Reports to the Project Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Master’s Degree in Psychology is preferred;
• Experienced in working/interacting with youth, preferably in non-formal education methods;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Albanian and English;
• Able to work under pressure, be productive, motivated and adaptable to changing priorities;
• Cooperative individual with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, and strong work ethic.
Interested candidates should send an updated CV and Motivation Letter in English by e-mail to email@example.com with the e-mail subject line ‘Application for the Child Psychologist position’. The application deadline is 17:00 on Tuesday, February 14, 2017. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job announcement is in English since English knowledge is required to understand the programs and undergo the trainings; however, the activities with youth will be held in Albanian.