WHAT IS THE REGIONAL SERVICE LEARNING AWARD?
Regional Service Learning Award (RSLA) aims to recognize and appreciate the work of educational institutions and organizations that are developing voluntary projects and activities with educational elements. Specifically, the Award:
– Recognizes teachers involved in projects that encourage students to engage in active citizenship;
– Provides recognition of educational institutions and organizations that better integrate students’ curricular learning with service actions aimed at improving the quality of life of their communities;
– Provides technical support for applicants;
– Collects voluntary practices that affect student and community development in general;
– Promotes a culture based on civic engagement.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Required conditions are:
1. Open to all schools (private or public) that have involved students in volunteer projects in the following countries Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Romania, Serbia or Slovakia;
2. Open to all organizations that develop voluntary projects involving students;
3. Projects or activities must be implemented during the school year 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 and completed before 30/06/2021.
In addition to the promotion your school will receive for your innovative work, and the prestige of becoming part of an international network of distinguished schools, there is also a financial prize for the three top projects.
First Prize – $ 1,000
Second Prize – $ 750
Third Prize – $ 500
These funds should be used to further develop Service Learning in your communities.
Also, each participating country will award recognition to the semifinalists in the form of a Certificate of Appreciation, stamped and signed by partners CEE SL Network, MIOS and CLAYSS.
HOW CAN WE APPLY?
1. To apply, please complete the Application Form, which you can find in this link https://cutt.ly/gbMZdns, which must be completed electronically and not manually. We also recommend that you also share with us other supporting materials such as photos, videos, brochures, etc.
2. The submitted form must be stamped and signed by the top principal of the school;
3. The application should be sent only by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com mentioning in the subject the name of the country.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE?
Deadline for applications is 15/07/2021.
I HAVE QUESTIONS, WHAT DO IT DO?
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
This award is organized by the International Organization of Interactive Open Schools (MIOS) and the partners of the Service-Learning Network for Central and Eastern Europe (CEE SL Network) with the support of the Latin-American Center for Service Learning (CLAYSS). TOKA Is a member of the network and a partner of the Kosovo Regional Service Learning Award.
These are the latest developments from our programs and activities.